Haiti Earthquake 7th Anniversary: #ThinkingGirls Fundraising Reception
We are delighted to invite you to a special reception on the 7th anniversary of Haiti's earthquake (with kind sponsorship from the UCL Humanitarian Institute and UCL Institute of Risk and Disaster Reduction).
Date: Thursday 12th January 2017
Location: UCL Pavilion, Main Quad, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
Tickets: £10 (£8 students)
Join us as we showcase and celebrate the opening of the newly reconstructed Centre Rosalie girls' primary school (watch school opening ceremony here: bit.ly/SchoolCeremony) and fundraise for the next stage of reconstruction (kindergarten roof repair and solar kitchen). You'll enjoy:
- Welcome reception (complimentary drinks and nibbles for ticket-holders);
- Session of talks and presentations on sustainable development, international disaster response, gender and education in Haiti, with a video-link to Haiti;
- Bake sale;
- CD sale of new Haitian-European music;
- Raffle (1 complimentary raffle ticket upon arrival for all ticket holders. Prizes include Luxury Jing Tea Hamper, Curzon cinema tickets, day out to Kew Gardens for 2, Jazz Cafe concert tickets, and more!)
- Silent auction;
- ...all with a soundtrack of Haitian music donated by the amazing Mélissa Laveaux, TiCorn and 'Voices of Haiti in Europe'.
All are welcome, but capacity is limited; please ensure tickets are booked well in advance.
Join and invite your friends to our Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1817853885094543/
We really look forward to seeing you there... friends, colleagues, supporters, old and new!